[Legacy] Online Prepayment for the First Session
If you want to require a credit card payment prior to the appointment, and you are connected with TSYS (Formerly Cayan) as your credit card processor, you may do so this way:
- First, set up your Preferences to permit online payment. Log in, click "More..." then "Preferences" and then open the section, "Online scheduling service." Find the item "Allow viewing of online account statements after logging in?" and answer this "Yes."
- Set up the patient account, including a login and password for them, if they have not done so already. If an account has already been established, just go to step 3.
- On the Posting screen for that patient, enter a new transaction at the bottom of the screen, in the category "PrePayment." Enter the amount paid as zero, which is true at this point.
- Now that you have entered this charge, it will appear as a line item on the screen. Now enter the amount of the requested prepayment in the "Charge" column for this transaction. Click the Post button at the right of the screen to enter this change.
- Now you may have the patient log in to their own account and pay their balance online. When they do so, you should receive a system message about this payment. If they do not show up for their appointment, leave things as they are. Their payment online should take care of the balance that you set up in step 4 above.
- If they DO show up, you will need to reset the charge for prepayment to zero, and use the amount of their online payment as credit toward the fee for the session.