If you just signed up with TherapyAppointment and need to chart on a date of service prior to your start date, you will need to follow these directions in order to bill a past date of service:
- Go to the date of session to be billed. You calendar will likely have no start times on it.
- Create the appointment time slot by going to the text box to the right of the date on calendar and typing in the session start time, i.e 10:00 AM. Click on the 'D or T' Button.
- The 10:00 AM slot will now be on your calendar for this date of service. Put your client in that time slot by clicking on the white text field next to the slot, typing in a couple of letters of your client's LAST name, and click the 'schedule' button. A list of names the system will 'guess' will come up. Click on the appropriate one.
- The client is now on the schedule. Now click the Chart button (or it may say Charges if you have charting turned off). Indicate the CPT code, amount paid, and create your chart note.
- When you have completed all the sessions for this date of service click on the 'End of Day' button located on the blue column of buttons. Review the sessions for accuracy. (If anything is inaccurate, go back to the schedule for the day and click on the 'chart button' to input the corrected info or go into the patient's info page, 'edit info' to update the information needed - such as insurance company to be billed. Click on the end of day button again to do another review).
- Click on the 'Lock notes/Review Claims' button.
- Submit claims